I’ve been working on my CPMQG challenge wall hanging. Its not due till September, so glad of that, I have a lot left to do. The center is done!
A couple months ago I got some of Vicki Walsh’s hand dyes, she does a beautiful job. I made a queen ish sized quilt size top from them. I’m calling it Sea Blue. Still need to quilt it. But thats for another time. It fills my whole design wall…
I’ve also quilted and have on my bed the Garden Delight quilt. I love it. Makes the room so bright and happy.
And finally, I finished the painting on the doodle design I stitched. Its a small whole cloth wall hanging, I painted it with inktense pencils. Really enjoy doing that technique. I’ve done other in my gallery.
Thanks for stopping by, check out what others are doing over at Patchwork Times.
The heat and humidity are going strong. but I’m loving it.
I’ve been sewing to keep cool. To hot to be outside in the afternoon, so sewing it is! Work is also proceeding on my challenge quilt for Colonial Piecemakers guild. lots of beading and it’s taking forever…glad I started now, Picture next week I hope, its all in pieces. I did a couple lace machine embroideries, they were really fun. A couple more are soaking.
these are about 6″ in diameter. The next batch is square and about 4″
I also worked on a couple wall hangings out of some of my mother’s cross stitch pieces, these will be a present for my sister. Hope they go with her house.
And last but not least I finished my needlepoint project. Don’t know what I’ll do with it yet, its 24″ square. Not sure I want a pillow that large…
Thanks for stopping by, check out what others are doing over at Patchwork Times
I’ve made my version of Bobbin the Robin. It was really fun. We’re making them for a project at Colonial Piecemakers Quilt Guild. Just a fun diversion…
Thanks for stopping by, check out what others are doing over at Patchwork Times and Freshly Pieced
Flowers are starting to burst into bloom every where, I love spring!
Haven’t done much sewing, but I did finish my May UFO. Its a fish panel I got many, many years ago…like 6 or even 8 year ago. The Idea was to make it into a bed spread with the fish panel in the middle, very Asian inspired. But what I did do is a wall hanging. I still love the panel, its very peaceful, its hanging on a pale yellow wall in the sun room for right now.
The good news is I have finished all 6 of my UFOs for the Quilting Adventures Challenge! The bad news is I now need to find a new projects to start…OK maybe I should just dig out another unfinished one and get it going…but whats the fun of that, I think something new would be much more fun. Thanks for stopping by.
Check out what others are doing over at Patchwork Time.
After we got back from a good but drizzly Powhatan Fiber Festival I started the next banner project. I made the butterfly banners for spring and decided on these white work designs for the summer. I’ve been having fun figuring out how to add to and alter the designs. Almost six hours of embroidery but the nice thing was I could sew on other project while these stitched out. They were only one color designs, so very easy to do.
I also started working on my Bobbin Robin by Zebra Patterns. Thought it might be fun to do something a little on the zany side. pictures to follow. It wasn’t far enough along to take pictures yet…literally just the pattern cut out…
Thanks for stopping by. Check out what others are doing over at Patchwork Times.
I finally took a couple pictures of what I’m working on and finished. First up is the April UFO. For lack of a better title, I’m calling this 9 patch on point…its a large throw size.
I turned it in yesterday so now its on to May’s UFO, an Asian Fish panel from about 6 years ago… I guess I need to start another project. I only have a couple things in the works. Maybe I should get moving on the CPMQG Vegetable Soup challenge. Its due in September.
I’ve also been working on this Embroidery quilt. Its really bright and cheerful. This one is going on my bed for the summer, that is if I get it quilted…its a large queen size. Note to self…STOP making such large quilts. I really enjoyed making this. I used Kaffe Fassett fabrics around the embroideries, those came from Embroidery Library.
Thanks for stoping by check out what other are doing over at Patchwork Times
And all the snow is melted! I hope Mother nature isn’t playing a trick on us, I’m really for spring. I’m kind-of obsessing on machine embroidery right now, I’ve done a bunch of blackwork flower and this weekend I work on Celtic Thistles… I love them.
They are from Embroidery Library — A Celtic Thistles Design Pack. While the designs were stitching out I’ve been working on some of my UFO projects. But no pictures yet. The Black work flowers are also from Embroidery Library — A Blooming Blackwork Flowers Design Pack. I thought I might use some Kaffe Fassett fabrics but still not sure if I like it. Nothings sewn together yet. just made a bunch of triangle units to see what it looks like. It’s really bright and the yellow jumps out at you. Maybe it can be a summer bedspread.
I was the Quilt of the day over at the The Quilt Show with Alex and Ricky! How cool is that!
Thanks for stopping by Check out what others are doing over at Patchwork Times.
And Lets be Social