I decided to make an exploding box for Mother’s Day this year. This is the first one I’ve ever made and if I do say so myself it turned out very pretty. Its not to big about 4″ square by 4.5″ high with 3 layers. It took longer then I thought it would, lots of glue on this puppy. I wanted to go slow to make sure the layers and embellishments dried, patience…its hard to do when you want to keep adding and adding stuff. Can’t wait to make another one, this was really fun. So needless to say I didn’t get much sewing done over the weekend.
I used lots of die cut pieces for all the leaves and flowers. Such fun!!!
Thanks for stopping by, check out what others are doing over at Patchwork Times